Italy: UNH-in-Italy Program:Housing, Meals, and Inclusions
Housing and Meals
Students will be housed in apartments centrally located in Ascoli Piceno. Within the first week of the Program, students will decide collectively specific housing arrangements. Apartments are typically in historic buildings in the city center. Students should be aware that housing living spaces in Italian apartments are typically smaller than Americans are accustomed to. There are typically 3-5 students per apartment and each student has his or her own room. Apartments are located within walking distance of the UNH in Italy Center and classrooms. Apartments are fully furnished, but apartments in Italy typically do not have dryers - students should expect to hang clothes to dry. Apartments will either have internet access or students will be provided with internet USB sticks.
Students must plan for their own meal costs. All apartments have fully furnished kitchens and Ascoli has numerous cheap, fresh outdoor markets and American-style supermarkets. Some group meals are provided for students when traveling together on program-related activities.
In addition to housing, the program fees also include:
- Comprehensive international travel insurance and assistance program
- In-country excursions (there are typically 3-4 group trips per semester organized by the in-country program director. Past examples include trips to Rome, Bologna, Assisi, and Perugia)
- Pre-departure preparation by UNH faculty and staff. In-country support by UNH-in-Italy director and staff
- Airfare to and from Italy
- Mobile phone (required)
- Personal spending and travel money
- Italy: UNH-in-Italy Program
- About Ascoli Piceno
- Why UNH-in-Italy?
- Courses & Dates Fall 2017
- Courses & Dates Summer 2017
- Housing, Meals, and Inclusions
- Costs, Financial Aid, and Scholarships
- Eligibility and How to Apply
- Code of Conduct
- Photo Gallery