Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR)
All UNH Faculty members should submit their annual reports via the myUNH portal using the Faculty Activity Reporting (FAR) system.
Once you have accessed the FAR system, enter data by clicking on "Manage Your Activities" on the side navigation bar. It is especially important to enter dates for accurate reporting. Note that some of the fields will already be populated with data provided by UNH. Once you have entered information, you can create your annual report by selecting "Run Custom Reports" on the side navigation bar and choosing "Annual Faculty Activity Report (COLA)" (1). Please be sure to use the COLA report, which has been designed to suit our specific needs, not the generic report provided by Digital Measures. You must also specify the date range (2), and select the output (3) in Microsoft Word or Adobe pdf format.
- If you are an Assistant Professor, please print out a copy for your chair. This will be forwarded to the Dean's Office.
- If you are scheduled for a post-tenure review you may also wish to print out data for the review period for your chair.
- Other faculty are not required to print out a copy of their annual report unless requested to do so by your chair for his/her convenience. In most cases we hope that electronic versions will suffice.
- Your Department Chair/Coordinator will tell you the date by which you should complete your report. Untenured-tenure track Faculty Members will likely need to submit their reports to their Chair/Coordinator by mid-May, as the Chairs/Coordinators must then provide their evaluations of untenured faculty to the Dean by June 1.
- All other faculty, including tenured, clinical, lecturer and research, must complete and submit their reports by June 13 (unless your Chair/Coordinator has requested an earlier date: please check directly with them).
A variety of tools have been created to assist you with the FAR system:
- General question and answer website at Institutional Research.
- Self tutorial through Institutional Research.
- Face-to-face training through IT.
- Department Chairs and Administrative Assistants may be able to assist you.
- Dee-Ann Dumas (firstname.lastname@example.org) may be able to help you with technical questions.
- Questions about where particular information should be entered and any other questions can be addressed to Brett Gibson (email@example.com).