2016-17 Work Study Positions Available
Fellowship Opportunities at the Museum of Art
The Museum of Art Fellowship is awarded to three full-time studio art or art history majors who have demonstrated outstanding performance. In return for in-state tuition the fellowship student will report to the Museum of Art a total of 225 hours/semester (avg. of 15 hours/week–some weeks only 8 hours other weeks as many as 20). During exhibition installations, students will increase their hours. Applicants must be available for up to 24 hours the week before the start of classes, both fall and spring semesters. Transportation and housing are not provided. Applicants must have good communication skills, an interest in gallery or museum work, and basic research skills. Applicants should be at least 20 years old and have a valid driver’s license. A minimum 2.8 GPA is required.
2017-18 applications are due Friday, March 24, 2017 by 4PM.
For more information and application please contact or stop by the Department of Art and Art History located in the PCAC.
Work Study positions available:
The Museum of Art is now hiring work study, Gallery Attendant positions for 2017-18 academic year.
- Provide security for art exhibitions
- Assist visitors
- Assist Museum staff as requested
- Answer exhibition and program questions
- Tour guide-introductions to exhibitions
- Work-study grant of no less than $1,500 per yr.
- Responsible, mature, and self-directed college student
- Good communication skills
- Must be available some evenings and weekends