Declaring a Major
Admission to the PSYC Major as a New First-Year or Transfer Student
Students entering the University as first-year or transfer students may declare Psychology as part of the UNH admission process. First year students will be admitted as "provisional" Psychology majors. Provisional majors are advised by the University Advising and Career Center until they complete both PSYC 401 and PSYC 402 with a C- or better. Transfer students who are admitted directly to the Psychology major are advised in the psychology department.
Admission to the PSYC Major as a Continuing Student
If you are a continuing student interested in declaring Psychology or a Provisional Psychology major ready to become an official Psychology major, you may do so during one week each term, usually the fourth week of the semester. Provisional majors must have completed both PSYC 401 and PSYC 402 with a C- or better before declaring. All other students must have completed both PSYC 401 and PSYC 402 with a C or better before declaring. To declare, follow the change of program process outlined below.
Change of Program Process
If you are currently in a major or undeclared within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Sign in to MyUNHblackboard
- Select Webcat/Services and continue to Webcat
- Select Student Services & Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts
If you are currently in a major NOT within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
- Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
- Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
- Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.