Sanford Robinson Gifford (American, 1823–1880), Ruins of the Parthenon, 1880, oil on canvas, Corcoran Collection
- Artstor: a digital image database of more than 2 million images (including more than 10,000 digitized images from the UNH 35mm slide collection)
- Getty Research Portal: a free online search platform providing worldwide access to an extensive collection of digitized art history texts from a range of institutions.
- Google Art Project: thousands of high-resolution images from more than 200 major museums around the world are provided.
- Images d’Art: a database of high-quality images of artworks from French museums.
- Oxford Art Online: provides access to the Grove Art Online encyclopedia, the Benezit Dictionary of Artists, The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics and The Oxford Companion to Western Art.
- Web Gallery of Art: a searchable database of European fine arts and architecture (8th-19th centuries), currently containing over 41.100 reproductions.
- Art Institute of Chicago
- British Museum
- Hermitage Museum
- J. Paul Getty Museum
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Musée du Louvre
- Museo del Prado
- Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA, NY)
- National Gallery (UK)
- National Gallery of Art (U.S.)
- National Portrait Gallery (U.S.)
- National Portrait Gallery (UK)
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Royal Collection Trust (UK)
- Victoria & Albert Museum