B. Thomas Trout Scholarship
Throughout his career, Professor B. Thomas Trout actively and tirelessly promoted international studies as a vital part of the college curriculum. He was equally dedicated to the development of study abroad programs for undergraduates, convinced that expanding the range of international study opportunities for American college students was integral to their understanding of a complicated world.
In Professor Trout’s honor, the College of Liberal Arts established the B. Thomas Trout Scholars Fund which supports annually up to five College of Liberal Arts undergraduate students with outstanding academic records and financial need, allowing them to participate in a UNH-managed study abroad program in the College.
Eligibility criteria include:
- In-state residence
- Undergraduate status
- Demonstrated financial need (eligible for financial aid according to Financial Aid Office)
- Strong academic record
- Intent to participate in a College of Liberal Arts UNH-Managed study abroad program
- Declared major in the College of Liberal Arts at UNH
For students planning to apply to any qualifying Summer and Fall 2018 program, the Trout Scholarship deadline will be March 2, 2018. There will be a September 2018 application deadline for students going on J-Term and Spring 2019 programs. Students should work with a UNH faculty member who will submit his or her nomination packet directly to the COLA Center for Study Abroad before the application deadline: email@example.com or 116 Murkland Hall. The Nomination Packet should include:
- Nomination Form completed by the recommending faculty member
- Letter of support from the faculty member
- A one-page statement from the student addressing his or her desire to study abroad, mentioning the financial hardship that may prevent him or her from doing so
For more information click here: http://cola.unh.edu/study-abroad/financial-aid-scholarships