Confucius Institute at UNH is a non-profit educational institution housed in the College of Liberal Arts. A partnership between Chengdu University in Sichuan Province, China, and UNH, the institute offers a wide array of Chinese language and culture courses at UNH.
CI-UNH can also offer:
• Chinese language teacher training programs
• Chinese proficiency tests and Chinese teacher qualification authentication
• Free information and consultation services about Chinese education, culture, and economy to the university, state, and beyond
• Study abroad programs in China for New Hampshire students in kindergarten through college
• Chinese language and culture outreach programs in New Hampshire primary and secondary schools
• Summer educational tours for New Hampshire students in kindergarten through college
• Scholarships for study in China
In addition, CI-UNH can assist New Hampshire schools, companies, and organizations to establish partnerships with Chinese organizations.
The Confucius Institute at UNH opened in October of 2010.