Teacher Residency for Rural Education (TRRE):Information for Prospective Applicants
Important deadlines for May 2019 cohort applicants:
Priority Application Deadline: January 15, 2019
Final Deadline: February 1, 2019
Select applicants will participate in face-to-face or virtual interviews in January and early February, 2019.
Who is eligible for TRRE?
We are looking for prospective residents who have an undergraduate background in mathematics or science, a passion for lifelong learning, and commitment to rural New Hampshire communities.
TRRE eligibility requirements include:
- Earned bachelor's degree prior to beginning the TRRE program
- Minimum undergraduate 3.0 GPA
- Undergraduate major (or substantial coursework) in either science or mathematics
- Passing Praxis Core exam scores
- Admission into the UNH M.Ed. program in either Elementary or Secondary Education and the TRRE program
- Commitment to teaching in a rural high-need New Hampshire school for at least 3 years following completion of the TRRE program
- No current or prior teacher certification or licensure
- US citizenship or permanent residency status
Does TRRE offer financial support?
Yes! All TRRE residents receive:
- $28,000 stipend during the residency year
- Graduate School tuition waivers equal to 50% in-state tuition discount
Interested in applying to TRRE?
Note on the UNH Graduate School application that you are a "TRRE Applicant" and the application fee is waived.
If you are applying to the Elementary Education (K-6) or Elementary Education with Middle School Mathematics (K-8) or Science (K-8) pathways,
please complete and submit:
- Online UNH Graduate School application for the M.Ed. application for Elementary Education (Durham campus)
- TRRE application
If you are applying to the Secondary Mathematics (7-12) or Secondary Science (7-12) programs, please complete and submit:
- Online UNH Graduate School application for the M.Ed. application for Secondary Education (Durham campus)
- TRRE application
Please contact the TRRE Program
Phone: (603) 862-5337
Fax: (603) 862-2174