Declaring a Major
In order to officially declare Justice Studies as a dual major, you will need to have either entered UNH with a declared major other than justice studies, or, if you entered as undeclared, you must have already declared a first major. Alternately, you can declare your first major at the same time as you declare the justice studies dual major. You must also have a GPA of a 2.50 or better; therefore, you must have at least completed your first semester of study at UNH.
To declare, you will need to fill out an Intent to Dual Major Form AND complete the Change of Program process (outlined below). The Intent form should be submitted to the Justice Studies Program Office in 202 Huddleston Hall. If you are unable to download the form by clicking on the form name above, you may pick up a hard copy in the Justice Studies Program Office. Once this paperwork has been submitted, you will be automatically admitted to the program.
You may declare a dual major or minor in Justice Studies at anytime. Currently, there is no set deadline to do so.
Change of Program Process
Use this process in the following situations: declaring or changing a major within a college, declaring a major in or changing a major to a different college, adding a dual major, adding a second major:
- Sign in to my.unh.edu
- Search for Webcat and select
- Select Student Records
- Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts
Use this process in the following situations: declaring a dual degree, declaring or changing to a self-designed major, declaring a third major:
- Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
- Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
- Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
- Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.