D22 Paul Creative Arts Center
30 Academic Way
University of New Hampshire
Dancing at Lughnasa Auditions
WHEN & WHERE: Monday, August 27 from 6pm-10pm in the Hennessy Theatre. Sign up for a 3-minute audition slot on the callboard in hallway near the Hennessy Theatre. Fill out the online audition form PRIOR to the audition. Callbacks will be held Wednesday, August 29, 6pm-10pm in the Hennessy Theatre (subject to change). Wear movement clothing, callback includes a dance call. You will be asked to prepare material from the play. If/Then cast will be allotted the earlier callback times so as not to interfere with musical rehearsals.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- Acting: Prepare a 1 minute monologue from a Brian Friel play (NOT Dancing at Lughnasa)
- Singing: Prepare to sing (a’capella) a short excerpt of an Irish folk Song (no more than 1 minute)
- Dialect: Prepare the following text as best you can in the Donegal dialect that you hear in the accompanying recording (https://unh.box.com/v/donegalsample). “At Christmas time last year, I, my daughter came down from, came down to meet me in Dublin. And my mother was absolutely flabbergasted because she had such a broad, countrified, Donegal accent. As opposed to having a cultured Letterkenny accent. Which is only five miles down the road. And that’s the story as true as I’m sitting here."
Please make sure you have read the play and are familiar with the characters. Select an audition piece that showcases you in the best light, given the characters in the play for which you may be considered.
- Production dates: October 31-November 4
- Rehearsal Dates: beginning in the first few weeks of semester
- Actors MUST be available for rehearsals, ALL Technical and Dress Rehearsals (10/27-28, 10/29-30) and ALL Performances.
- PLEASE NOTE: If/Then cast CAN AUDITION for this show. Rehearsals will overlap, but some roles can be flexible. Do not count yourself out of this production if you are in the musical.
- The full script of the play can be found here: https://unh.box.com/v/lughnasascript
AUDITION FORM: Click HERE.