Goal of the Program
Attracting diverse talent is important to our employer community, while our students are also searching for organizations that demonstrate values of equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging. To support our students and employers, Career and Professional Success has created the Diversity and Inclusion Employer Champion Program. The program recognizes employer partners who demonstrate the utmost devotion to social justice and equality through tangible actions. With this recognition, students will be able to easily search, identify, and connect with organizations committed to making progress on these values.
Criteria for Submission
To be recognized through the program an employer must meet at least 4 of the below criteria. Employers approved for accomplishing all 7 criteria will be designated a Champion. Employers approved for accomplishing at least 4 criteria will be designated a Rising Champion.
- Company publishes a mission statement, vision, or philosophy centered around equitable access and inclusivity.
- Company provides and requires professional development, training, and education on diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging topics.
- Company conducts diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging programming including, but not limited to, affinity groups, employee resource groups, mentoring, and internal sponsors.
- Company exercises a diversity retention and recruitment strategy.
- Company holds employees accountable for actively participating in an inclusive culture of belonging and has a bias response process in place should an incident occur.
- Company monitors equitable pay across their organization.
- Company proves a track record of at least two of the following accomplishments
- Data driven approach to equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives with (1) public or easily accessible data on diversity retention and diversity in leadership and (2) measurable goals management and executive leadership are held accountable for meeting.
- Operational strategy and decision-making are transparent and measured against objectives promoting sustainability and social equity.
- Equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging efforts integrate and add value to the local community. Value is created through donation of time, resources, or money to underrepresented community populations or local socially equitable policies