Call for Proposals
COLA’s Global Racial and Social Inequality Lab (GRSIL) invites proposals from interested faculty and undergraduate and graduate students and staff to pursue research, curriculum, or community-engaged projects focused on questions/topics addressing issues of racial and social inequality. The GRSIL team welcomes proposals from all areas of the College – the Humanities, Social Sciences, Education, and the Fine and Performing Arts. The maximum amount of each proposal award will be $5,000, and we will award up to 8 grants.
The proposed projects can take a variety of forms, including but not limited to:
- Research that leads to academic or popular analytical publication
- Artistry products and performances
- Community partnerships/collaborations
- Course collaborations/curricular development
- Internship development and site management
How to Apply
All proposals will be reviewed by the GRSIL team. We welcome proposals from individual COLA faculty or students or from collaborative partnerships; up to three awards will be set aside for joint COLA-CCSNH faculty/student collaborations.
Please submit the following materials by email to GRSI.LAB@unh.edu in a single application packet/pdf by December 1, 2022.
- A concise three-page (single-spaced) outline of your proposed activity, including the project’s goals, scope, methodology, timeline, intended output, and expected impact; and a final paragraph contextualizing your expertise or motivation to accomplish the proposed activity. Individual student proposals will need to list a faculty supervisor.
- A detailed budget for the proposed activity, including the specific amount you are requesting from GRSIL; a list of other UNH grants or potential funding you have access to; and a budget narrative explaining how the requested GRSIL funds will be spent.
- Please let us know how you heard about the Small Grant Proposals.
- Deadline for proposals: December 1, 2022
- We will notify all applicants by December 17, 2022
- Funding awarded effective January 1, 2023
Note for Approved Award Recipients
- To receive funding for supplies (that are listed in your approved proposals) we can reimburse expenses using a USNH reimbursement form or charge to department p-cards using GRSIL fund/org. Please contact us for those details.
- Faculty supplemental pay will require a form signed by yourself, the chair, and the dean’s office, which gets routed along to the Human Resources.