Undergraduate students may explore a career in teaching by taking Education 500, Exploring Teaching, a four-credit course that puts students right into a real classroom for 5 hours a week.
A number of bachelor’s degrees prepare students for licensure in certain specialized areas.
Explore the field of education. 5 courses (20 credits) comprise the minor in Education.
The New Hampshire Scholars as Educators Program adheres to an honors program model, offering promising undergraduate students earlier and more-direct engagement with the graduate department's structures and resources.
About Our Students
• Average undergraduate GPA of admitted and enrolled students in 2012-2013 – 3.37
• Multi-year Praxis pass rate from 2010-2013 - UNH 94.3%, Statewide 89.3%
About Our Graduates (Select results from 2010 5-Year Survey)
• 88.7% of those responding indicated that they are currently teaching or in an education related job. 84% indicated they are currently a full-time teacher.
• 94% indicated they had taught after completing the UNH Teacher Education Program.
What Employers Say
• 75% of the principals rated our graduates in the top 20% in response to the question: "Compared to teachers of similar teaching experience, please rate this teacher's performance as a caring, qualified, and competent professional."