Declaring a Major

In order to officially declare Justice Studies as a dual major, you will need to have either entered UNH with a declared major other than justice studies, or, if you entered as undeclared, you must have recently declared a first major. Alternately, you can declare your first major at the same time as you declare the justice studies dual major. You must also have a GPA of a 2.50 or better; therefore, you must have at least completed your first semester of study at UNH. 

To declare, you will need to complete the Change of Program process (outlined below). Once the Change of Program has been submitted, you will be automatically admitted to the program.

You may declare a dual major or minor in Justice Studies at any time. Currently, there is no set deadline to do so.

New England Regional Student Program

If you are a resident of Massachusetts, Maine, or Vermont, you may be eligible for reduced tuition under the New England Regional Student Compact once you declare your dual major in Justice Studies. Learn more about the program through the UNH Admissions Office at the link below.

New England Regional Student Program

Change of Program Process

Use this process in the following situations: declaring or changing a major within a college, declaring a major in or changing a major to a different college, adding a dual major, adding a second major:

  1. Sign in to
  2. Search for Webcat and select
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts

Use this process in the following situations: declaring a dual degree, declaring or changing to a self-designed major, declaring a third major:

  1. Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
  2. Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
  3. Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
  4. Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.