UNH College of Liberal Arts faculty have long engaged in research to address grand challenges. Here are just a few examples:
- Fostering civic discourse and robust political participation
- Preventing interpersonal violence
- Raising awareness about climate change and mitigation
- Studying the psychological underpinnings of addiction
- Using interactive theatre to foster personal and institutional development
GCLAI will further catalyze such work, particularly focusing on matching liberal arts faculty researchers with colleagues across campus and beyond to foster robust interdisciplinary engagement around grand challenges.
That goal will be pursued through a number of mechanisms, including the Murkland Interdisciplinary Scholars Teams.