Declaring a Major

Students entering the University as first-year or transfer students may declare Anthropology as part of the Admissions process and enroll in an introductory level anthropology course. 

If you are a continuing student interested in declaring Anthropology as your major, you will need to complete the change of program process outlined below. To declare a major in Anthropology, students must have completed at least one introductory level anthropology course at the 400- or 500- level with a grade of C or better. Students are expected to make steady progress towards fulfillment of major requirements. Normally, this means taking at least one Anthropology course per semester until all requirements have been met.

Change of Program Process

Use this process in the following situations: declaring or changing a major within a college, declaring a major in or changing a major to a different college, adding a dual major, adding a second major:

  1. Sign in to
  2. Search for Webcat and select
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts

Use this process in the following situations: declaring a dual degree, declaring or changing to a self-designed major, declaring a third major:

  1. Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
  2. Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
  3. Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
  4. Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.