Declaring a Major

For students newly enrolling at UNH

Students enrolling at the University as first-year or transfer students may choose geography as a major during the admissions process.

For students already enrolled at UNH

Geography is an open major. There is no waiting list, no application form, and no deadlines. Changing your major to Geography simply involves obtaining certain signatures and transferring your files. You should schedule a meeting with your advisor to discuss your plans and the program requirements.

To declare a major in Geography you must complete the Change of Program process, outlined below.

Change of Program Process

Use this process in the following situations: declaring or changing a major within a college, declaring a major in or changing a major to a different college, adding a dual major, adding a second major:

  1. Sign in to
  2. Search for Webcat and select
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts

Use this process in the following situations: declaring a dual degree, declaring or changing to a self-designed major, declaring a third major:

  1. Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
  2. Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
  3. Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
  4. Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.