Declaring a Major

For students newly enrolling at UNH

Students entering the University as first-year or transfer students may declare History as part of the Admissions process.

For students already enrolled at UNH

If you are a continuing student interested in declaring History as your major, it is strongly suggested that students complete two history courses (must have a grade of C- or better), or at the minimum, be enrolled in two history courses at the time of the major change request. Upon completion of this criterion, follow the change of program process as outlined below.

Change of Program Process

Use this process in the following situations: declaring or changing a major within a college, declaring a major in or changing a major to a different college, adding a dual major, adding a second major:

  1. Sign in to
  2. Search for Webcat and select
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts

Use this process in the following situations: declaring a dual degree, declaring or changing to a self-designed major, declaring a third major:

  1. Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
  2. Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
  3. Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
  4. Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.