Declaring a Major

First-Year and Transfer Students

Students entering the University as first-year or transfer students may declare any of the majors in the department as part of the Admissions process.

Continuing Students

If you are a continuing student interested in declaring one of the majors, you will need to complete the change of program process outlined below.

All other majors in the Department have no specific requirements other than making an appointment with your new advisor as soon as your advisor is assigned. 

Change of Program Process

Use this process in the following situations: declaring or changing a major within a college, declaring a major in or changing a major to a different college, adding a dual major, adding a second major:

  1. Sign in to
  2. Search for Webcat and select
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts

Use this process in the following situations: declaring a dual degree, declaring or changing to a self-designed major, declaring a third major:

  1. Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
  2. Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
  3. Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
  4. Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.