Pi Delta Phi is the French National Honor Society for undergraduate and graduate students at accredited public and private colleges and universities in the United States.
The purpose of Pi Delta Phi is:
- to recognize outstanding scholarship in the French language and its literatures and cultures,
- to increase the knowledge and appreciation of Americans for the cultural contributions of the French-speaking world,
- to stimulate and to encourage French and francophone cultural activities.
Students are invited to the chapter by the UNH French faculty. The requirements are:
- completion of at least one course of upper-division French (i.e. beyond the intermediate-level)
- 3.0 GPA in French, 3.0 GPA overall, and rank in the top 35% of the graduating class
- Sophomore standing or above