Advising in the Department of Political Science
Political Science majors select their courses for the upcoming semester during advising periods beginning in October (for spring courses) and March (for fall courses). Students may log into Degree Works to see who their advisor is, and use myWildcat Success to make advising appointments (instructions below). Prior to advising appointments, students should use Degree Works and the Time and Room schedule to familiarize themselves with outstanding requirements and course offerings.
Advising meetings are held in 20 minute blocks. To maximize this time, we recommend that students bring a list of course selections and backup selections to discuss with their advisor. Students will recieve email notifications about advising in their UNH email.
How to Schedule an Advising Appointment
- Log into myWildcat Success using the link or the following URL: https://UNH.campus.eab.com.
- Use your UNH Username and password to access the application.
- Make sure you are on your Student Home screen.
- Click the Schedule an Appointment button on the right side of the screen.
- Choose College or major specific advising as the the appointment type.
- Select the College of Liberal Arts on the next screen.
- Select COLA meet with my advisor. If you are meeting with someone who is not listed as your advisor, choose COLA meet with another advisor.
- Select POLITICAL SCIENCE or INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS and then your advisor's name.
- The next page allows you to select from your advisor's available time slots that also do not conflict with your class schedule. Choose the appropriate time slot followed by the specific time and select Next.
- Add any specific comments as required. Then select Confirm Appointment.
NOTE: UNH is not currently using "Send me a Text" This icon is not active.
- Once you schedule the appointment, you will receive a confirmation both on-screen and via email with all the respective details.
Heather Austin is the primary advisor in the Political Science Department. Each member of our faculty host drop-in advising hours every semester and are also available for advising appointments upon request. Students are welcome to seek advising from Heather Austin or a faculty member.