Students admitted to the program must have completed a master’s degree, in education or a related field. Exceptional candidates from other fields of study may be considered. Most entering students will also have worked full-time as an educator.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A UNH Graduate School Application
- Three references (submitted with application)
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test scores.
(GRE scores are a UNH Graduate School requirement which cannot be waived.)
- An essay (in addition to the one included in the Graduate School Application) …that discusses one issue in the field of education that is of interest to you. Explore the opportunities and challenges this issue poses and explain why you find it personally compelling. (1000 to 1500 words in length)
Review of applications begins on December 15th. Applications received after this date will be considered if space allows. Students are only admitted once a year, in the spring. Students begin their study in September of the year of admission.
For further information or to make appointments with the Director of Doctoral Studies, applicants should contact:
Cindy Glidden in the Education Department office
Tel: (603) 862-2311 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Forms and Graduate School Catalogues
Application forms and Graduate School catalogues may be obtained from the Graduate School in person, by mail, or through the Graduate School website:
The Graduate School
University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH 03824
Phone: (603) 862-3000
Information about the GRE is posted on the Graduate School website, or may be obtained directly from the Education Testing Service:
Graduate Record Examination
Educational Testing Service
P. O. Box 6000
Princeton, NJ 08541-6000
Phone: (609) 771-7670