Declaring A Major

Students entering the university as first-year or transfer students may declare a major in theatre as part of the admissions process. If you are a continuing student interested in declaring theatre as your major, you will need to complete the change of program process outlined below.

Students interested in majoring in theatre (general) should consult with the chair of the department. Those interested in the Musical Theatre option should contact Prof. John Berst. Those interested in the Youth Drama option or the Secondary Education option should contact Prof. Raina Aimes. For the Design and Technical Theatre option, students should contact Prof. Szu-Feng Chen; for the acting option, students should contact Prof. David Kaye; and for the Dance option, students should contact Prof. Gay Nardone. See Faculty page for contact information.

Change of Program Process

Use this process in the following situations: declaring or changing a major within a college, declaring a major in or changing a major to a different college, adding a dual major, adding a second major:

  1. Sign in to
  2. Search for Webcat and select
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts

Use this process in the following situations: declaring a dual degree, declaring or changing to a self-designed major, declaring a third major:

  1. Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
  2. Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
  3. Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
  4. Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.