R.E.A.C.H. is designed to provide financial assistance for both current and recently graduated UNH Theatre & Dance students who participate in internships with highly-regarded theatre or dance organizations.
- Theatre and Dance Major
- Minimum of 2.5 Academic GPA
- Minimum of 3.0 Theatre/Dance GPA
- THDA Production involvement
- Level of discipline and integrity, as evidenced in departmental undertakings
- Commitment and dedication to a career in theatre and/or dance
- The professional level of the company.
- The artistic value and scale of the productions the company produced.
- The ability to guide and help student in professional development.
- The ability to bridge professional connection for the student.
Internship opportunities that will be considered for the REACH program:
- LORT theaters, such as Long Wharf Theatre, The Goodman Theatre, Seattle Rep, etc.
- Well established regional theatres, such as Santa Fe Opera, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, etc.
- Well established internship programs in major cities, like Manhattan Theatre Club, Lincoln Center, The Julliard School, Second City, etc.
- Professional production companies, such as Disney, Cirque du Soleil, ETC, PRG, etc.
- An apprenticeship with a company like Mark Morris or Paul Taylor for a summer
- An internship with Broadway Dance Center or Steps in NYC
- An assistant Choreographer for an Equity Theater
Internships that will NOT be considered for the REACH program
- Theatres within 50 miles of UNH: Prescott Park Festival, Seacoast Rep
- Theatres that do not have full production staff
- Theatres that do not support professional connections
- Mass training programs that do not offer direct involvement with a company
- Graduate programs; assistantships
- A resume, portfolio or dance reel
- An acceptance letter from the internship
- Statement about internship including:
- The value of the internship, including the educational benefit and its potential for future opportunities.
- A general overview of the internship program.
- Length of the internship.
- Expected hours of work.
- Itemized statement of compensation/stipend/housing allowance offered by company.
- Estimated expenses not covered by company offer.
- Name of a faculty member willing to advocate for you
Timeline for Submissions
The REACH committee begins reviewing applications starting in mid-March.
For Post Grads
For fall internships: The REACH committee begins reviewing applications starting in mid-March.
For spring internships: The REACH committee begins reviewing applications starting early November.
- Summer: A total of $500 of funding support available per academic year
- Fall/Spring: A total of $1,000 of funding support available per academic year