Performing Arts Day
Friday, November 5, 2021, 10am-4:30 pm
UNH Paul Creative Arts Center
Admission is $15
Performing Arts Day is an excellent way for students to visit our program and experience life as a wildcat in a low pressure environment. PAD is a class field trip experience where students pick from a list of workshops with UNH Theatre & Dance Faculty and Students. The experience includes a matinee performance of the current main stage production. Students will also get a chance to tour the university and eat in our award-winning dining halls. This is a great experience for drama clubs, theatre classes, school acting groups, and more... Teachers and Leaders can sign up to attend Performing Arts Day by reaching out to Jamie Clavet (email@example.com).
Cost of this field trip is only the cost to cover lunch. All workshops are free to attend.
Performing Arts Day Schedule:
Matinée performance of “Twelfth Night” beginning at 10 am, followed by a talkback with the directors.
Post-Performance Lunch in UNH Dining Hall
Workshops from 1:15 pm-4:20 pm, Students will attend three different workshops in various areas of theatre (improv, technical theatre, dance, acting, voice, etc...)
SCHOOL MATINEE PERFORMANCES
Twelfth Night: or What You Will
Written by William Shakespeare
Friday, November 5, 2021, 10 am-noon (includes talk-back)
Johnson Theatre, UNH Paul Creative Arts Center
Admission is $3 (Show Only, Performing arts day is an add-on)
Directed by David Richman & Julia Sommer
Love abounds, though maybe in the wrong places. He loves her, but she loves a different him, who is actually a her that loves the him that loves the her that loves him/her… get it? Mistaken identity and unfortunate love triangles run rampant in the island country of Illyria. This fast-paced comedy is full of pranks and surprises as servants play tricks on each other, and masters swoon. The only one who seems to have it all together is the Fool, who may be the wisest of them all.
This show is a perfect addition to any English or Drama curriculum.
UNH DANCE COMPANY PRESENTS "SPLASH"
Wednesday, March 30, 2021, 10 am-noon
UNH Paul Creative Arts Center
Admission is $3
The ocean is vast and full of creatures that are both beautiful and fearsome. From the largest of mammals to the smallest of fish, the beauty and wonder of the water remain mystery to behold. It may seem small, but the impact of throwing that piece of trash can last a lifetime. Two dancers discover together that impact when they go beneath the waves to swim with the turtles and amazing sea creatures. Along the way, they are followed by the frightening trash creatures created by the waste that humans leave behind. They experience first-hand the devastation that plastics and other waste have wrought on the fragile habitats that exist there. The Ballet and Jazz, Tap, Aerial companies come together to tell this dynamic and important story.
This is the perfect way to jumpstart a conversation about the environment and sustainability
Contact Jamie Clavet at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-862-2150.
Information: (603) 862-2150 • email@example.com
Mailing List: JOIN OUR MAILING LIST!
Reservation Contract: This contract is used For ALL on-campus field trips to the Department of Theatre & Dance. Drama Days and weekday matinees are for school groups only and offer discounts. School group reservations must be made in advance; no tickets at the door.
Campus Map & Parking Information
- Seating is reserved first come-first served and is guaranteed, as seats allow, with payment, purchase order, or reservation contract.
- Due to fire codes and for the safety of patrons, all individuals attending the performance (including teachers, bus drivers, chaperones, etc.) must reserve a seat.
- Assessable parking and wheelchair seating are available. When ordering seats, please let us know your needs so that our ushers can be on hand to assist.
- Schools will be seated, as groups, toward the front of the theatre in the order of their arrival.
- Since all school matinee seats are reserved in advance, no tickets will be sold at the door at the time of the event.
- There will be no printed tickets for school matinee events.
Reserving Your Seats:
- Send the Reservation Contract form no later than 10 working days prior to the event to Jamie Clavet (scan and email to Jamie.Clavet@unh.edu or send to UNH Theatre & Dance Department Attn: Jamie Clavet 30 Academic Way, Durham, NH 03824
- Follow-up your order with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a Reservation Confirmation.
- Payment must be received prior to the start of the event via check, cash or purchase order.
- Cancellations received 10 working days prior to the event will void the Reservation Contract. Groups are responsible for paying the full contracted sum.
- Cancellations that are the result of unexpected school and/or UNH closings (such as for weather, fire, natural disasters) will also void the contract. These legitimate cancellations will result in refunds for money transactions, or an exchange for seats at an upcoming event, if seats allow.