Performing Arts Day
UNH Paul Creative Arts Center
Performing Arts Day is an excellent way for students to visit our program and experience life as a wildcat in a low pressure environment. PAD is a class field trip experience where students pick from a list of workshops with UNH Theatre & Dance Faculty and Students. The experience includes a matinee performance of the current main stage production. Students will also get a chance to tour the university and eat in our award-winning dining halls. This is a great experience for drama clubs, theatre classes, school acting groups, and more... Teachers and Leaders can sign up to attend Performing Arts Day by reaching out to Jamie Clavet (email@example.com).
Cost of this field trip is only the cost to cover lunch. All workshops are free to attend.
Performing Arts Day Schedule:
SCHOOL MATINEE PERFORMANCES
Anne of Green Gables
Adapted by Donna Hoke
Directed by Raina Ames
Friday, October 6, 10 am-noon (includes talk-back)
Johnson Theatre, UNH Paul Creative Arts Center
Admission is $5
|Eleven-year-old Anne Shirley has never known a real home. Since her parents' deaths, she's bounced around to foster homes and orphanages. When she is sent by mistake to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert at the snug white farmhouse called Green Gables, she wants to stay forever. But Anne is not the sturdy boy Matthew and Marilla were expecting. She's a mischievous, talkative girl with a fierce temper, who tumbles into one scrape after another. Anne is not like anybody else, and the Cuthberts agree; she is special, a girl with an enormous imagination. All she's ever wanted is to belong somewhere. And the longer she stays at Green Gables, the harder it is for anyone to imagine life without her. Produced by special arrangement with YouthPLAYS (www.YouthPLAYS.com)|
This show is a perfect addition to any English or Drama curriculum.
UNH DANCE COMPANY PRESENTS "Evolution"
Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 10 am-noon
UNH Paul Creative Arts Center
Admission is $3
EVOLUTION is a dance experience featuring Ballet, Point, Jazz, Contemporary, Modern, Tap and Aerial dance. In addition this production features PUPPETS by Carol Jo Fisher and the Projections of Assaf Benchetrit. Our journey begins at the beginning and takes the audience to where we find ourselves today.
Contact Mike Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-862-3038.
Information: (603) 862-3038 • email@example.com
Mailing List: JOIN OUR MAILING LIST!
Reservation Contract: This contract is used For ALL on-campus field trips to the Department of Theatre & Dance. Drama Days and weekday matinees are for school groups only and offer discounts. School group reservations must be made in advance; no tickets at the door.
Campus Map & Parking Information
- Seating is reserved first come-first served and is guaranteed, as seats allow, with payment, purchase order, or reservation contract.
- Due to fire codes and for the safety of patrons, all individuals attending the performance (including teachers, bus drivers, chaperones, etc.) must reserve a seat.
- Accessible parking and wheelchair seating are available. When ordering seats, please let us know your needs so that our ushers can be on hand to assist.
- Schools will be seated, as groups, toward the front of the theatre in the order of their arrival.
- Since all school matinee seats are reserved in advance, no tickets will be sold at the door at the time of the event.
- There will be no printed tickets for school matinee events.
Reserving Your Seats:
- Send the Reservation Contract form no later than 10 working days prior to the event to Mike Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Follow-up your order with an email to email@example.com.
- You will receive a Reservation Confirmation.
- Payment must be received prior to the start of the event via check, cash or purchase order.
- Cancellations received 10 working days prior to the event will void the Reservation Contract. Groups are responsible for paying the full contracted sum.
- Cancellations that are the result of unexpected school and/or UNH closings (such as for weather, fire, natural disasters) will also void the contract. These legitimate cancellations will result in refunds for money transactions, or an exchange for seats at an upcoming event, if seats allow.