Morrill Hall, Room 206
Teacher Residency for Rural Education (TRRE)
TRRE is now accepting applications for cohort III.
Apply by: January 15, 2019. Rolling Admission so apply early!
Program start date: May 2019.
The Teacher Residency for Rural Education (TRRE) is a 15-month program for people who desire to become elementary, secondary math or science teachers for students in rural, high-need schools in NH. Live, learn, volunteer and teach in TRRE partner community schools. Put down roots in NH and launch your legacy in teaching!
Residents complete an M.Ed. and teacher certification in exchange for three years teaching in rural NH. UNH provides professional development and mentor support during the first two years of teaching (induction.)
- Elementary (K-6)
- Elementary education and middle school math or science (K-8)
- Secondary education in math (7-12)
- Secondary education in science (7-12)
- Seconday sciences - select one of the following:
- Life Sciences - Biology
- Earth Science
- Earned bachelor's degree prior to beginning the TRRE program
- Minimum undergraduate 3.0 GPA
- Undergraduate major (or substantial course work) in either science or mathematics for secondary certification pathways
- Seeking initial teacher certification
- Passed Praxis Core
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status
- Submit an application to the UNH Graduate School
- Choose a program - elementary or secondary teacher education
- Submit the supplemental TRRE application
TRRE includes graduate coursework beginning in the summer, a community internship, and a full year in schools with a mentor teacher.
TRRE Faculty provide an integrated curriculum centered on STEM content, Community Engagement, and Pedagogy focused on supporting all students.
TRRE Residents learn how to integrate innovative practices and valuable local resources to support community and family engagement in learning.
Funded in part by a grant from the US Department of Education Oﬃce of Innovation and Improvement #U3365160019
TRRE is hiring a Post Doctoral Associate.
View a position description and how to apply.
Stay tuned for upcoming dates!