CHORAL GALA 2021 WILL BE HELD ON JANUARY 30
(Detailed instructions posted below)
Saturday, January 25, 2020
9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Paul Creative Arts Center
At the 2020 UNH Choral Gala, the High School Gala Honor Choir will perform with THE UNH Symphony orchestra!
What is the Choral Gala?
Choral Clinics: Choirs get to work with guest university conductors individually
High School and Middle School choirs perform for the guest clinicians and receive specialized instruction. Those individual choirs are then featured in the Gala Concert performance later that night.
Gala Honor Choirs
Students sing dynamic choral repertoire in a mass honor choirs conducted by the guest clinicians. There are two Gala Honor Choirs: The Middle School Gala Honor Choir and the High School Gala Honor Choir. Students come together from schools from around the region in this group choral experience. Students learn the Gala Honor Choir music on the day of the event, so teachers do not have to prepare the music ahead of time.
Guest Clinicians and Conductors
Middle School Gala Honor Choir
Dr. Hillary Ridgely
Professor of Music Education, Syracuse University
High School Gala Honor Choir
Dr. Andrew Minear
Director of Choral Activities, University of Alabama
Dr. Alex Favazza
Director of Choral Activities
University of New Hampshire
Student Fee: $50 per student
- Sheet music packet for Gala Honor Choir performance
- UNH Choral Gala T-Shirt
- Two Meals – lunch and supper at award-winning UNH dining facilities
- Guest Clinician and faculty instruction
Checks should be made payable to UNH and sent to the following address:
UNH Department of Music
c/o Alexis Zaricki
Paul Creative Arts Center
30 Academic Way
Durham, NH 03824
Registration may be completed by the following:
(see appropriate page of registration form)
Registration is completed by each school’s teacher
- bringing a full ensemble to participate in the Choral Festival Clinics and Gala Concert
- bringing a smaller group of students participating only in the Gala Honor Choir
- (parents are welcome and encouraged to participate as observers for clinics and rehearsals , but meals will be on their own. Please communicate with Dr. Favazza if you would like additional information for parents)
Submit Registration and Payment in one of the following ways:
- Registration form mailed along with payment
- Registration form emailed to email@example.com and subsequent payment mailed.
- Registration form and payment also accepted in person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to pay.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Favazza by email, email@example.com.