CHORAL GALA 2021 JANUARY 30
we are sorry to announce that choral gala 2021 has been canceled due to the covid-19 pandemic. we hope to see you in 2022!
What is the Choral Gala?
Choral Clinics: Choirs get to work with guest university conductors individually
High School and Middle School choirs perform for the guest clinicians and receive specialized instruction. Those individual choirs are then featured in the Gala Concert performance later that night.
Gala Honor Choirs
Students sing dynamic choral repertoire in a mass honor choirs conducted by the guest clinicians. There are two Gala Honor Choirs: The Middle School Gala Honor Choir and the High School Gala Honor Choir. Students come together from schools from around the region in this group choral experience. Students learn the Gala Honor Choir music on the day of the event, so teachers do not have to prepare the music ahead of time.
Dr. Alex Favazza
Director of Choral Activities
University of New Hampshire
Student Fee: $50 per student
- Sheet music packet for Gala Honor Choir performance
- UNH Choral Gala T-Shirt
- Two Meals – lunch and supper at award-winning UNH dining facilities
- Guest Clinician and faculty instruction
Checks should be made payable to UNH and sent to the following address:
UNH Department of Music
c/o Alexis Zaricki
Paul Creative Arts Center
30 Academic Way
Durham, NH 03824
Registration info will be posted here for 2022
Registration is completed by each school’s teacher
Registration may be completed by the following:
(see appropriate page of registration form)
- bringing a full ensemble to participate in the Choral Festival Clinics and Gala Concert
- bringing a smaller group of students participating only in the Gala Honor Choir
- (parents are welcome and encouraged to participate as observers for clinics and rehearsals , but meals will be on their own. Please communicate with Dr. Favazza if you would like additional information for parents)
Submit Registration and Payment in one of the following ways:
- Registration form mailed along with payment
- Registration form emailed to email@example.com and subsequent payment mailed.
- Registration form and payment also accepted in person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to pay.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Favazza by email, email@example.com.