In addition to the shared department learning outcomes for all THDA students, upon completion of the major with an Option in Musical Theatre, students will:
- Utilize a healthy vocal technique and demonstrate the ability to read music.
- Effectively analyze a dramatic script.
- Apply knowledge of musical theatre history through practical use in selection of repertoire and demonstrate the ability to write critically about musical theatre.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform dance choreography.
- Apply acting techniques both in writing and in practice.
- Demonstrate the skills and create the elements necessary to compete in the professional theatrical world, including a professional resume and audition book.