Fall 2021 Resume Review Day
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 - 12:00pm to 3:00pm
What is Resume Review Day?This event brings employers, hiring managers, and alumni together virtually to offer 1-on-1 resume review to students from all majors and with all career interests. This is not an interview or formal application for a specific job/internship within one of the companies, but an incredible opportunity for students to get tips and feedback on their resume from industry experts that look at thousands each year.
Bookmark this event to stay up-to-date on which organizations will be in attendance.How do I share my resume with Employers?
This semester, you will have two options for sharing your resume for feedback:
- Share your screen. Have a copy of your resume open on your computer during the event and share your screen with the employer.
- Create a shareable link. Share the link with the employer in the chat of your 1:1 meeting.
How do I prepare for Resume Review Day?
- Resume Resources
- Download a template from CaPS to help you get started
- Utilize VMock, UNH's online resume review tool (available 24/7)
- Schedule an appointment with your college's CaPS team through Handshake
- Updating Your Handshake Profile
- As soon as you sign up for a virtual fair session with an employer, they are able to view your Handshake Profile
- Make a good first impression and fill in your profile completely
- CaPS Video: How to: First Time Profile Set Up
- CaPS Video: How To: Update your Handshake Profile from Your Resume
- HS Article: Build Profile from Resume
- If you want to upload your resume to be viewable directly on your profile
- HS Article: How to Upload a New Document
- Mark the resume as "Feature on Profile"
- Set your profile privacy to either Employers or Community
- Creating a Shareable Resume Link
- It's important to give yourself options, create a public link to your resume as an alternative method for sharing
- CaPS Video: How To: Create a Shareable Link to your Resume
- Handshake and CaPS Resources
Pro-Tips for During the Event:
- To Cancel a Session
- If you can’t make a session that you've registered for, we highly suggest you cancel the session instead of just skipping it
- HS Article: Managing Virtual Fair Sessions
- Virtual Backgrounds
- Handshake Fairs do NOT have virtual backgrounds, so if using video to chat, ensure your dorm/room background is appropriate for speaking with a potential employer
- Text Chats
- Text written in the chat during a session is NOT saved
- Copy any contact information or details the recruiter has shared with you before leaving the session!
- Technology Troubleshooting
Career and Professional Success