In addition to the shared department learning outcomes for all THDA students, upon completion of the major with an Option in Acting and Directing, students will:
- Achieve at minimum an intermediate proficiency in fundamental skills related to theatrical performance.
- Utilize critical thinking and writing skills to analyze plays for both the performance of roles and the direction of productions in a range of styles and genres.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all participants in the interactive and creative process of theatre.
- Form, communicate and defend verbally and in writing value judgments about quality and aesthetics of performance and directing in works of theatre.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic terminology and history of acting and directing as well as leading practitioners and theorists of the acting and directing process.